bDIP-00: Seasonal Funding Process Clarification
Title: bDIP-00: Seasonal Funding Process Clarification
Authors: 0xZFi#4882, Rowan#3669, Icedcool🏴#4947
Working Group: 0xZFi#4882 (Champion), Rowan#3669, Bpetes#9961, links#7868, Icedcool🏴#4947
BanklessDAO Constitution: Link
This change is required to enable a timely Season 6 transition. Established procedures through Season 5, including the Season 5 Specification process, were superseded by the Constitution, which was ratified during Season 5. As a result, the governance processes around the season transition require clarification.
This bDIP proposes new wording to the Funding section under Seasonal Budgets to accurately reflect current Seasonal Process. Its passage will allow seasonal funding to continue as intended, given the short timelines leading up to Season 6. Future bDIPs will be developed to further clarify the Constitution in this respect.
It is our intent to minimize the delay of funding disbursement for Season 6. If this bDIP passes, a seven day delay is expected. If this bDIP does not pass, the delay is unknown.
This is intended to be a Minor Change to the Constitution, as the proposed revision simply aims to provide procedural clarity for the seasonal funding process. As such, the Constitution would be updated to v1.1 if this bDIP passes the Forum and Snapshot votes.
|Current Form|Proposed Change| | --- | --- | |Old text in Funding, under Seasonal Budgets:|Revision to Funding, under Seasonal Budgets:| |New seasons are initiated by all guilds and projects submitting proposals for funding. If these proposals pass Forum approval, they are packaged together in a single seasonal budget approval Snapshot vote. If this budget is approved, then the DAO multi-signers are responsible for issuing disbursements in line with the approved budget.|Before new seasons begin, all previously funded guilds and projects must submit a funding proposal to the forum for the Grants Committee to review. Funding proposals that pass the Grants Committee review process are packaged together in a single seasonal budget Snapshot vote. If this budget is approved then the DAO multi-signers are responsible for issuing disbursements in line with the approved budget.|
Passage of this bDIP would clarify and align the Constitution to current operations and enable the seasonal funding for Season 6. This would establish the operational procedure through which seasonal budget requests are approved going forward.
If this proposal does not pass on the Forum, we will be holding up the season transition and the funding requests that have already been approved by the Grants Committee. This bDIP would need revision until it passes. Only then could we continue with the seasonal funding round.
This bDIP will be posted to the Forum for 7 days. If it passes on the Forum, it will be posted on Snapshot for 7 days. In order to facilitate timely Season 6 funding, the Season 6 Specification will be posted to Snapshot the day after the bDIP is posted and the votes will run simultaneously. Assuming the bDIP passes, the Season 6 Specification can also pass, and funding will be disbursed.
Season 6 Specification and Community-Indicated Direction
Title: Season 6 Specification and Community-Indicated Direction
Draft Authors: 0xZFi#4882, Icedcool🏴#4947, Ernest_Of_Gaia🚐 🏴ccNFTs🪐#4762
Working Group: 0xZFi#4882, links#7868, Icedcool🏴#4947
Summary of Season 6 Operational Specifications
This is the BanklessDAO Season 6 Specification. It has been reformatted to adhere to the procedure of governance changes as defined by our newly codified Constitution. If this Seasonal Specification passes Snapshot, the following timeline will be ratified. Special considerations for focus in Season 6, as indicated through the Season 6 Community Vote, are included here as well.
After Draft 1 of the Season 6 Spec had been posted to the Forum, it was brought to the attention of the author that the Seasonal Specification process was superseded in Season 5 by the Constitution.
As such, the Seasonal Specification has been limited in scope to operational timeline ratification including community-indicated direction with bDIP suggestions.
Season 6 Timeline
- Season 6 will start on Monday, November 7, 2022.
- Season 6 will end on Sunday, February 5, 2023.
- Formal gap week will be February 6 through February 12, 2023.
Delayed Transition Timeline
- The Season 6 Budget Proposal will be posted to Snapshot November 4, 2022.
- The Season 6 Specification will be posted to Snapshot November 4, 2022.
These changes have acquired consensus on the Forum but do not require addition to, or alteration of, the Constitution. They simply express the direction the Community has indicated they would like to take for Season 6 as a result of the Community Vote.
- The community has signaled an interest in increasing the utility of BANK tokens. Any guilds, departments, or projects whose purview encompasses this topic are encouraged to develop ideas and collaborate on this throughout Season 6.
- The Otterspace verifiable credentials pilot will begin in Season 6.
- The Grants Committee shall be allowed to remove an inactive and unreachable member with a unanimous consensus among other Committee members.
Changes that Require a bDIP
Any potential changes to our Constitution would require a bDIP. bDIPs for the items below will be drafted for a formal voting process in Season 6.
- Member-Based Guild Funding (previously called Automatic Guild Funding) will begin to apply for Season 6. Guilds, as categorized in Season 5, are to choose between continuing as a Guild or a Department, as defined by the taxonomy post here, and to submit funding requests accordingly.
The full Season 6 Specification post can be found here.
Approve the Season 6 Specification, disapprove, or abstain.
Season 6 Seasonal Funding
**Title:**Season 6 Seasonal Funding
Proposal Champion: links#7868
Date: Oct 28, 2022
Per current operating procedures, Department, Guild, and Project funding requests were reviewed by the Grants Committee and were approved for a total of 22,032,292 BANK.
Of this amount, 50% of project funding (6,037,828.50 BANK) will be held by the Grants Committee Multisig to disburse mid-season, based on KPIs being reported.
This proposal seeks to ratify the distribution of these budgeted allocations.
Department Funding = 3,730,635 BANK
- Operations Department = 1,869,985 BANK
- Marketing Department = 993,000 BANK
- Education Department = 472,650 BANK
- Treasury Department = 395,000 BANK
Guild Funding = 6,226,000 BANK
- Writers Guild = 1,000,000 BANK
- Research Guild = 833,000 BANK
- Legal Guild = 733,000 BANK
- DAOlationships Guild = 663,000 BANK
- Design Guild = 650,000 BANK
- AV Guild = 643,000 BANK
- Translators Guild = 638,000 BANK
- Dev Guild = 573,000 BANK
- Project Management Guild = 493,000 BANK
Project Funding = 12,075,657 BANK
- Bankless Africa = 1,590,000 BANK
- Newsletter Team = 1,569,000 BANK
- Bankless Academy = 1,430,000 BANK
- EPA = 1,268,000 BANK
- Crypto Sapiens = 1,200,000 BANK
- International Media Nodes = 1,084,000 BANK
- The Rug = 1,035,000 BANK
- Podcast Hatchery = 708,000 BANK
- Decentralized Law = 639,000 BANK
- bDAO@Global Events = 590,000 BANK
- Infosec Team = 562,657 BANK
- DAO Dash = 400,000 BANK
- Making Bank Podcast = 0 BANK
Total Seasonal Funding Request: 22,032,292 BANK
Approve the Season 6 Seasonal Funding and distribute funds as per the specifications, disapprove, or abstain.
BanklessDAO Constitution & bDIP Standard
Title: BanklessDAO Constitution & bDIP Standard
Working Group: GSE Team
Date: September 17th, 2022
This snapshot is to adopt the BanklessDAO Constitution as our lead governance document and the location of our living agreements within the DAO.
The BanklessDAO Constitution represents BanklessDAO’s values, mission, structure, processes, and governance according to the best of our community’s ability to capture it. It is the codification of our community operating system and is meant to serve, rather than constrain its members.
The constitution includes sections defining:
- DAO Membership Levels
- DAO Organizational Units
- DAO Cycles (Time Cycles)
- DAO Governance
- DAO Funding
- Code of Conduct
Additionally, this document and snapshot formally instantiates and adopts the BanklessDAO Improvement Proposal (bDIP) as the standard for making changes to the BanklessDAO Constitution and updating our living agreements.