Title: Season 8 Specification and Community-Indicated Direction
Proposal Champion: Ernest of Gaia
Date: May 2, 2023
The beginning of this document includes a summary report of bDIPs and a suggested Draft 1 of the BanklessDAO Season 8 Specification. Hopefully the schedule allows for a smooth season transition for everyone.
- Season 8: Mon, May 15 - Sun, August 27 (15 weeks)
- Gap Week: Mon, August 28 - Sun, Sept 3 (1 week)
That break is important and I wanted to ensure our operational timelines were aligned to accommodate Gap Week by default. Notice the Gap week is technically between the seasons.
Please review the proposed timeline for Season 8 and provide any feedback regarding the adjustment of dates. If a change in dates is desired for any of the Season 8 milestones, please open discussion in the comments so that any updates can be reflected in a second draft.
Hello! I am Ernest of Gaia, and I have been stewarding the Season 8 transition. The processes around season transitions have been adapting to changes in governance, so I’d like to offer some context on the current state of the season transition process.
Some quick reminders:
- Seasonal Specifications are not to handle funding requests. Any organizational unit requesting funding should go through the Seasonal Budget Request and be reviewed by the Grants Committee.
- Any changes to governance would need to be proposed with their own individual bDIPs
The Seasonal Specifications are simply general operational specifications that allow organizational units to plan for the following season. While the Operations Department will manage the specifications we want as much input from DAO Members as possible so as to make decisions that align with members.
This process is evolving and is not without flaws. Suggestions for improvements are welcome. Thank you for your active participation in BanklessDAO governance. Let’s make 2023 up-only!
Remaining Season 7 Operations Timeline
- May 1: The Season 8 Specification will be posted to Snapshot
- May 1: The Season 8 Budget Request will be posted to Snapshot
- May 8-14: Gap Week
- May 14: Last day of Season 7
“State of the bDIPs” - Community-Indicated Direction and Operational Governance Changes
BDIP Template 1
Constitution and BDIP Standard Discussion & Proposal Part 2
These changes have been proposed and have independently passed a vote on the Forum during the current season and their details are to be implemented upon their passage or in upcoming weeks. The vote on this Seasonal Specification will not impact the results of these previously-passed proposals.
Season 7 Business
- Season 6 - bDIP-03: Dynamic forum quorum for bDIPs Met Quorum.
- Next steps: Finish getting revision approval and submit to Snapshot.
- Season 6 - bDIP 04 : Departments Has not met quorum, is not approved, nor gone to snapshot.
- Season 6 - bDIP 05 adjustments to member based funding - abandoned in Temp Check stage, Taxonomy is Retired.
- Season 6 - Temp Check bDIP - 6 - Code Of Conduct Change - This proposal has been closed, keep an eye out for discussions in the DAO discord.
Season 8 Operational Timeline - 15 weeks
- May 4th: 2nd Year DAO Birthday
- May 8-14: Gap Week
- Mon, May 15th - Season 8 Begins
- Week 1 or 2: Season Kick Off Event
- July 9th - 22nd: All Seasonal funding requests to be posted to the Forum for the Grants Committee to review.
- July 23rd - August 5th: Grants Committee to work with groups to review funding requests
- July 30th: Draft 1 of the Season 9 Specification to be posted to the Forums
- August 6th - 19th: Grants Committee to work with groups to finalize funding requests
- August 6th - 19th : Season 9 Grants Committee Election applications accepted
- August 20th: The Season 9 Grants Committee election will be posted to Snapshot
- August 20th: The Season 9 Specification will be posted to Snapshot
- August 20th : The Season 9 Budget Request will be posted to Snapshot
- Sun, August 27th: Last day of Season 8
- Gap Week: Mon, August 28th - Sun, Sept 3rd (1 week)